What to bring to the Michigan CCW Classes
- Handgun (If you don't have a handgun, one will be provided for a $10.00 fee).
- 100 rounds of ammunition. Ammunition can be purchased at the gun range. If you are bring your own
ammunition, please note that only fully jacked ammunition is allowed for classes held at some indoor gun
ranges. If you are renting our firearms, you must purchase ammo from us.
- At least one handgun magazine (some people refer to this as a clip) if you are using a semi-automatic
pistol. If you are using our firearms, we will provide the magazines.
- Pen and paper to take notes.
- Lunch, snacks, beverages. We will only take short breaks, so bring enough food for yourself to last the
- Questions to ask the lawyer or police officer during the law portion of the class.
- Hearing and eye protection. If you don't have them, they can be provided.
- Hat with a brim. Like a baseball cap.
- Wear a round collar type shirt (non V-neck). This will help prevent empty cartridge casings from going
down your shirt when firing the gun. We will explain this during the shooting portion of the class.
- Valid Michigan drivers license or Michigan State ID card.
- Do not wear any sandals or open toed or open heeled shoes.
- No live ammunition is allowed in the classroom. You can leave your ammunition in the car until the shooting
portion of the class. No exceptions!!
Note: The shooting portion of some classes may be held at an outdoor shooting range. In this instance, we will
be outside for about three hours rain or shine. So dress for the weather!