What to bring to the Michigan CCW Classes
- Handgun (If you don't have a handgun, one will be provided for a $10.00 fee).
- 100 rounds of ammunition. Ammunition can be purchased at the gun range. If you are bring your
own ammunition, please note that only fully jacked ammunition is allowed for classes held at the
Westland, Canton, and Livonia locations. If you are renting our firearms, you must purchase ammo
- At least one handgun magazine (some people refer to this as a clip) if you are using a semi-
automatic pistol. If you are using our firearms, we will provide the magazines.
- Pen and paper to take notes.
- Lunch, snacks, beverages. We will only take short breaks, so bring enough food for yourself to last
the entire day.
- Questions to ask the lawyer or police officer during the law portion of the class.
- Hearing and eye protection. If you don't have them, they can be provided.
- Hat with a brim. Like a baseball cap.
- Wear a round collar type shirt (non V-neck). This will help prevent empty cartridge casings from
going down your shirt when firing the gun. We will explain this during the shooting portion of the
- Valid Michigan drivers license or Michigan State ID card.
- Do not wear any sandals or open toed or open heeled shoes.
- No live ammunition is allowed in the classroom. You can leave your ammunition in the car until the
shooting portion of the class. No exceptions!!
Note: The shooting portion of the Romulus class location is held on an outdoor. We will be outside for
about three hours rain or shine. So dress for the weather! The shooting portion of classes held in the
Westland, Canton, or Livonia locations will be held at an indoor range.